Disaster recovery protection for critical AIX applications and data
MIMIX® DR™ for AIX replicates your critical data and applications in real time to a recovery server and leverages built-in Continuous Data Protection (CDP) to allow you to recover from a system failure, rollback your server to a previous point in time, or restore lost or corrupted data. Near-instantaneous recovery, with push-button simplicity, allows you to meet a wide range of recovery point and recovery time objectives in physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
MIMIX DR for AIX’s replication technology provides superior performance for a high level of scalability and support for aggressive Recovery Time Objectives.
- Continuously replicates changed data in real time to a local or remote recovery server
- Ensures data integrity by maintaining write order consistency of replicated data
- Optionally compresses data before transmission to minimize bandwidth usage
- Provides the option to encrypt replicated data
- Provides the ability to compress or encrypt replicated data
- Intelligently and efficiently re-synchronizes production and recovery servers in the event of lost connectivity
- Replicates between any combination of hardware, storage, or OS version on physical, virtual, or cloud servers
- Supports 1-to-1, many-to-1, or 2-node broadcast replication configurations
- Allows the recovery system to be leveraged for tape backup, reporting, testing and more
Achieving Rapid Data Recovery for IBM AIX® Environments
Businesses of all sizes must plan for recovery. The core challenges when implementing an HA/DR plan include fully protecting against data loss and application downtime, and doing so in a way that ensures you can meet Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives (SLAs). Your plan must cover a wide range of risks: inadvertently deleted files or records; viruses or hackers that cause data corruption or deletion; and natural disasters that put much more than just your data and applications at risk. So, the question is, do you have a plan that meets your recovery requirements to your satisfaction across these areas?
Continuous data protection with virtual role swap
Missing or corrupted data can bring your business to its knees. The true continuous data protection (CDP) in MIMIX DR for AIX allows you to recover your data and applications to any point in time – easily, quickly and without any interruption of operations or planned downtime.
- Performs near-instantaneous recovery of data and applications with push-button simplicity
- Offers the most flexible recovery point options in the market with RightTime™ CDP
- Restores data that was lost or damaged due to system failure or human error
- Recovers from rolling disasters
- Rolls your production server back to a previous point in time
- Supports configurable event markers to denote points in time for potential recovery
- Enables non-disruptive disaster recovery readiness testing without production server impact
- Achieves RPOs that meet regulatory mandates and widest range of SLAs
Easy, browser-based management
MIMIX DR for AIX is easy to manage from the browser-based Vision Solutions Portal (VSP) interface. Intuitive and configurable to meet your needs and working style, VSP reduces the time required to manage your disaster recovery environment to minutes a day.
- Provides convenient monitoring and management in the browser-based Vision Solutions Portal graphical interface
- Displays real-time status information in an easy to digest form with color-coded indicators of replication health
- Integrates with monitoring consoles and allows for lights out operation through email and SNMP notifications
- Streamlines common operations with automated procedures to enforce best practice and eliminate human error
- Provides a single view of multiple instances of MIMIX products for both IBM AIX and IBM i
- Easily customizable to meet your needs and working style
Disaster recovery for IBM® PowerHA® SystemMirror® for AIX
MIMIX DR for AIX integrates easily with IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX (formerly HACMP), allowing you to add affordable, advanced disaster recovery capabilities to the high availability environment provided by IBM PowerHA.
- Real-time replication to a local or remote recovery server provides disaster recovery protection for applications and data
- Continuous Data Protection allows point-in-time recovery of deleted or corrupted data
- Virtual Role Swaps enable disaster readiness testing without impact on production applications
- The always-current copy of the data on the recovery server is available for backups, reporting, and more, offloading those workloads from the production server
- Application and upgrade testing can be performed on the recovery server without impacting production applications and data
- Conveniently managed from the VSP browser-based interface