Complete, scalable HA/DR for IBM i
MIMIX® Availability™ efficiently replicates transactions in real time to maintain local and/or remote recovery servers. In the event of a production server outage, operations can continue on the recovery server without data loss and with minimal downtime. MIMIX Availability also virtually eliminates downtime caused by planned activities such as queries and reports, daily tape backups, and other maintenance tasks - keeping mission-critical applications running 24/7/365.
MIMIX Availability provides superior replication performance, supporting even the most stringent Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and rapid Recovery Time Objectives (RTO). Changes to data and applications are replicated in real time from a production server to a recovery server, ensuring that the recovery server is always a complete, ready-to-run replica.
- Delivers unparalleled replication performance for near-zero RTO
- Scales to the most demanding enterprise-level transaction volumes
- Rooted in IBM i remote journaling technology to ensure transaction integrity
- Minimizes bandwidth requirements by sending only changed data
- Protects the most complete set of object types in the industry
- Supports any combination of IBM i OS 6.1, 7.1 and 7.2
An introduction to High Availability for Power Systems Running IBM i
This paper presents an overview of IBM System i high availability to companies that are beginning to explore this powerful business continuity technology. The critical components of high availability solutions are detailed in this paper, including data replication engines, system monitors, role swap capabilities, and the importance of autonomic processes. Also provided is information on the cost of planned and unplanned downtime, and a brief overview of disaster recovery strategies.
Audits for confident switch
You can be confident that your recovery server is always ready to take over at a moment’s notice. MIMIX Availability’s comprehensive auditing with self-healing ensures the integrity and reliability of your protected data.
- Comprehensive object-level audits identify and correct out-of-sync objects
- Prioritized audits allow unchanged objects to be audited less frequently for faster completion and more efficient use of resources
- Monitoring of the data on the recovery system provides real time notification of unauthorized object changes with identification of the user responsible for the change
The easy way to protect the availability of even the most complex IBM i environments
This Executive Overview offers details on how MIMIX Availability has evolved into an advanced solution that offers faster recovery, stronger data protection, and a smarter way to manage high availability for IBM i. When evaluating any availability solution, there are a handful of critical functions that must be considered. This paper offers an overview of seven of the most essential availability functions and how each is addressed by MIMIX Availability.
Intuitive, browser-based interface
The browser-based Vision Solutions Portal (VSP) interface simplifies the management of your availability environment with at-a-glance monitoring and intuitive control from any device with a browser. VSP is easily customized to meet an administrator's needs and style, reducing the time required to manage your HA environment to minutes a day.
- VSP interface simplifies the management of your availability environment
- Provides single pane of glass management for your entire MIMIX environment
- Enables lights out monitoring with email notifications
- Easily customizable to meet your needs and working style
- Supports both product level security and administrative control of user privileges
- Supports standard views for groups of users
- Smart sorting and smart prompting assist in resolution of issues
- Fly-over help text puts information at your fingertips
Server optimization with iOptimize
iOptimize™ is an innovative, automated optimization tool provided with MIMIX Availability that maximizes storage utilization, accelerates performance, and enhances system resilience.
- Continuously optimizes your IBM i server for improved efficiency and resource utilization
- Analyzes server health and can be configured to automatically perform optimizations
- Maximizes storage utilization and enables proactive, intelligent planning for additional DASD
- Accelerates performance, enhances system efficiency, and improves resilience
- Reduces memory, disk, and processor requirements and expenses by keeping the server optimized
- Provides the flexibility to run tasks on-demand or on a schedule, with progress tracking and retry capabilities
- Monitors and issues alerts based on policies
- Presents a comprehensive set of over 70 localizable, graphical reports
- Puts up-to-date reports at the fingertips of administrators and management
- Allows action to be initiated from the metrics displayed in the browser-based interface
- Reduces expenses by maximizing investment in current hardware and deferring upgrades